The European Chamber of Commerce (Singapore), in collaboration with the Singaporean-German Chamber of Industry and Commerce, proudly presents this virtual session on “Working from Anywhere”.
The current COVID-19 pandemic is causing disruption to businesses worldwide. Travel restrictions and major changes to regular work patterns will undoubtedly raise cross border tax and immigration issues to companies as well as to their employees. Furthermore, the current pandemic has had an impact on the mental well-being of the workforce. This session will cover potential risks in workforce compliance and mental health area, and provide a snapshot into regulatory frameworks.
In the course of this session, we will help you gain an understanding of the following key issues:
- Impact on tax residency on individuals and companies
- Would remote working arrangements deem an individual to be deriving employment income in that jurisdiction?
- Risk of “permanent establishment” arising from remote working arrangements
- What is mental health and the role of mental wellbeing at work
- How to spot mental health problem
- What to do when you encounter an employee with suspected mental health problems or you struggle yourself
- How to develop personal and organisational resilience
Implementation of flexible work arrangements
- Elements of a Working from Anywhere Policy
- Plans in Singapore to legalise remote working
- Remote working regulations in selected countries
9.00 Welcome Remarks
- Dr. Bob Aubrey, Founder and Strategic Advisor at ASEAN Human Development Organisation
9.05 Opening remark
- Mr Eckart E. Jensen, Founder of HR ACT Pte Ltd and Chairperson of the HR Committee of the Singaporean-German Chamber of Industry and Commerce
- Ms Priya Selvanathan, Head of Tax & Transfer Pricing APAC and Associate Partner at Rödl & Partner
- Dr. Gregor Lim-Lange, Co-Founder & Chief Psychologist at Forest Wolf
- Mr Eddie Lee, Executive Director at ASEAN Human Development Organisation
10.10 Q&A moderated by Dr. Bob Aubrey and Mr Eckart E. Jensen
Ms Priya Selvanathan
Head of Tax & Transfer Pricing APAC and Associate Partner
Rödl & Partner
Ms Priya Selvanathan is an expert in Corporate Tax Advisory and Transfer Pricing. She joined Rödl & Partner in 2017 and is a licenced Malaysian Tax Agent, head of the Malaysian Rödl & Partner tax team and also the regional Transfer Pricing service line. She has worked with clients involved in energy, oil & gas, plantation, services, utilities, multimedia, ICT, bio-technology, telecommunication, software development, manufacturing, and construction industries.
Dr. Gregor Lim-Lange
Co-Founder and Chief Psychologist
Dr Gregor Lim-Lange is an expert in the fields of clinical and positive psychology, social emotional intelligence and mindfulness, and the Co-Founder and Chief Psychologist of Forest Wolf, a future-readiness consultancy.
Gregor also runs a clinical psychology practice for individuals and supports leading corporates with mental wellness and counselling for employees. His book Deep Human, co-authored with Crystal Lim-Lange, is a national bestseller.
ASEAN Human Development Organisation (AHDO)
Mr Eddie Lee is Transformational Strategist, Business Advisor and Mentor to a number of Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) and Start-ups.
Previously, Eddie was the Executive Director of Singapore Human Resources Institute (SHRI) and was the Regional Chief Human Resource Officer for a European multi-national company, covering 24 countries in the Asia Pacific region. Additionally, he is also a member of the Board of professional bodies, charitable organisation and governmental advisory committees.
Hosts and Moderators
Mr Eckart E. Jensen
HR ACT Pte Ltd
As a Transformation Expert, Mr Eckart E. Jensen is focusing on levelling-up Human Resource Operations to optimise overall growth and performance. The HR ACT Operations Accelerator™ is designed to improve the performance of organisations by automating HR Operations.
He was the Head of HR Daimler in ASEAN and Daimler Financial Services in AAP. He is the Chairperson of the HR Committee of the Singaporean German Chamber of Industry and Commerce (SGC) and Member of the HR Committee of the EuroCham in Singapore.
Dr. Bob Aubrey
Founder and Strategic Advisor
ASEAN Human Development Organisation
Dr. Bob Aubrey has led an esteemed and varied career as entrepreneur, writer, teacher, business consultant and founder of international institutions. He is Chairman of the HR Committee of the European Chamber of Commerce in Singapore and Founder of the ASEAN Human Development Organisation (AHDO). As a writer, he has published 11 books translated into 9 languages on the theme of work, learning and human development. In 2020 he received the EFMD Gold Award for his work co-creating ASEAN’s largest leadership acceleration programme for Pertamina.
Kindly note that there are limited seats available, registration is binding and payment is non-refundable. The organisers reserve the right to change the programme content without giving prior notification or any reasons thereof.