The purpose of this meeting is to help Eurocham Members anticipate and plan their immediate post-Covid work strategies for Singapore and for the Region. For this session, Regional HR leaders from European Multinationals will share their plans and their observations. A panel of experts in HR trends in Singapore from SHRI and in ASEAN from the ASEAN Human Development Organisation will contribute information and perspectives. WeWork as a company specialising in office space will bring you up to date on changes in Singapore and the Region.
Key change areas
- Blended work arrangements – office, home, working hours
- Business travel and organisation of meetings
- Diversity and Inclusion issues on wellness and organisation of work
- Productivity and cost reduction strategies
- Company culture and engagement strategies
8:45 am Webinar Waiting Room Opens
9:00 am Opening Remark EuroCham
9:05 am Introductory Remarks by Bhawna Gandhi, HD Committee Co-Chair and Danone HR Director
9:15 am Sharing by the Panellists
9:45 am Panel Discussion and Q&A
10:25 am Closing Remark EuroCham
Alvin is an accomplished international senior business manager with over 15 years of experience in the financial and consulting industry where he played key roles in various business and human capital transformation projects that have translated to net bottom-line growth of USD100million. He spent the last 7 years in a regional bank covering 15 cities as the Head of Human Capital and Head of CEO Office.
Highly adaptable to corporate transformation, human capital management and business growth, Alvin enjoys the challenges of solving complex business issues. Both his practical competencies and influential people skills have been well evidenced in various M&A; transformational and corporate development projects that he has personally undertaken. More recently, he provided end to end leadership in a business transformation and created a new operating model that resulted in an immense improvement in employee satisfaction, as well as top-line business growth. He was also instrumental in the conceptualisation & development of a predictive and preventive human capital model that has enabled the identification of talent earlier in their careers and deployment of these talents.
Alvin has lived and worked in China, France and Vietnam and has done long term global consulting engagement work where he deepened his international business acumen and an appreciation of the need to have diversity of thought. He obtained his Bachelor of Business from Australia where he graduated with distinction and subsequently, pursued his MBA from the University of Western Australia, Graduate School of Management.
Mr Eddie Lee is a seasoned transformational strategist. He has a wide spectrum of human resources experience in large organisations, both in the private and public sectors.
Mr Lee is the Executive Director of the ASEAN Human Development Organisation. He is also the Business Advisor and Mentor to a number of Small & Medium Enterprises (SMEs) and Startups, partnering the founders on business and people strategies. Mr Lee is a member of the Board of professional bodies, charitable organisation and governmental advisory committees. He is the Certified Master Career Coach and an adjunct lecturer/facilitator/trainer and frequently speaks at regional/national professional conferences.
Previously, Mr Lee was the Executive Director of Singapore Human Resources Institute (SHRI). Prior to that, he was the Regional Chief Human Resource Officer for a European multi-national company, covering 24 countries in the Asia Pacific region, where his primary role involved overseeing the region’s human resources, ethics & compliance and sustainability & corporate social responsibility. Over the past 20+ years, Mr Lee has gained work exposure in the freight-forwarding & logistics, aviation, hospitality, gaming and technology & manufacturing industries. He has extensive experience in business & workforce strategy, talent acquisition, performance management, total rewards, learning & development and people analytics. He has also had overseas stints in China, Qatar and Papua New Guinea. During his stint at Qatar, he held two additional portfolios as the Lead for International Total Rewards and International Talent Management, on top of his main responsibility as the Regional HR Director for the Asia Pacific region.
Mr Lee is an accredited member of a number of professional associations, in Singapore and globally.
Dr. Allen Jaeyoon Lee is the Head, People Partner, Pacific for WeWork.
In his role as a regional People Partner, Allen partners and collaborates with WeWork’s business leaders across Australia, Korea and Southeast Asia to shape and impact WeWork’s employee experience and culture.
In alignment with the company’s objectives and employees’ needs, Allen leads his team to enhance employee experience with initiatives and policies across Talent management and Organizational Development. With 17 years of experience in Human Resources, Allen has held senior roles at Oracle prior to
WeWork and holds a PhD in Organizational Psychology (with a focus in Positive Psychology) from the Seoul National University.
Mr Nesan joined Accenture in 1996 and has a degree in Computer Science from the University of the Witwatersrand. Nesan is the Talent and Organization lead for South-East Asia. 2021 marks 25 years with Accenture.
Mr Nesan has also consulted extensively across the ASEAN and South African banking industry on a wide range of programmes.
- Strategic Change Management Managing Director for large Singapore based Investment Management firm
- Strategic Workforce Planning MD for Singapore Central Bank
- Strategy and Consulting Financial Services Lead
- Financial Services Singapore lead
- Client Account Lead for Standard Chartered Singapore
- Human Capital Lead for Thai Bank undergoing a Digital Transformation Journey (EVP development, Talent Strategy, Culture Definition, Digital Academy Design, HR Operating Model)
- Top 3 Singapore Based Regional Bank: Lead the target operating model definition for the setup of a capability to execute a process automation journey using robotics software
- Largest Indonesian Bank: Subject matter advisor for the design of a new Credit Organization, overall change impact assessment and change strategy
- Indonesian Global Multi National Bank: Lead the work to transform the credit operating model applying lean methodology and drive behavior adoption for operational efficiency using gamification
- Large Indonesian Multi Finance Institution: Advisor on overall Change Management strategy and journey management to the Board of Directors
- Large Indonesian Life Insurer: Managing Director accountable for Accenture’s involvement to setup a corporate PMO for the overall transformation journey
- Appointed as Financial Services Lead for FS Indonesia
- HR capability and systems assessment for a Singapore based asset manager
- Change management and organization development advisor for a Thai Bank
- HR Transformation for a large Malaysian Bank to assess the effectiveness of the current HR organisation
- Client account lead for ANZ Asia, Ambank
- Appointed Market Group Lead for Global Multi National Clients in Singapore
- Core Banking Transformation journey for a large South African Bank to define the journey and business case for a managed evolution transformation
- Enterprise architecture for a large SA bank aimed at repositioning the banks IT and Business capabilities to be competitive and cost-effective
- Core banking transformation at a large South African bank including operating model design, journey management and business requirements definition aimed at replacing legacy applications and implementing a customer-centric operating model
- Group transformation programme for a Large SA Bank including opportunity assessment and transformation journey formulation aimed at creating optimised back-office operations
- HR transformation programme management including HR operating model, SAP HR implementation and shared services design and execution aimed at reducing the cost of HR services and improving HR service delivery
- Retail Credit Process optimisation for a Large SA Bank aimed at improving the account origination and collections processes
- Credit Operating model for a large SA bank aimed at reducing bad debts, improving process efficiencies and improving the asset book
Ms Bhawna Gandhi has over 16 years of experience in three different companies across various HR domains from business partnering, talent management, leadership development, change management. She has worked in diverse and virtual teams in complex environments. She is Indian living in Singapore since 2010. She joined Danone in 2016 and currently the Director HR for Danone Specialized Nutrition International. Ms Gandhi is enthusiastic, optimistic, resilient with cross-cultural acumen.
She loves supporting people to develop and grow their talent by leveraging their strengths and uniqueness. She has established a reputation as a creative, nimble, agile leader. She is a strong proponent of Diversity and Inclusion.
Student tickets are available for this event.
Students from partnering universities are invited to join, free of charge. Partnering universities; NUS, NTU, SMU, SUTD, EDHEC, ESSEC & INSEAD.
There are limited student tickets available and are subject to correct registration details.
- Please sign up with your university-issued email address
- Enter your institution under “company”
- Enter your major/ programme under “designation”
- Select “Complimentary Student Ticket”
Registration Guidelines –
This webinar is FREE for EuroCham Members only.
Please follow these simple steps for easy registration to our webinar.
Step 1: Register below. You will receive an automated registration confirmation email from EuroCham.
Step 2: Prior to the event, a Zoom link will be sent if payment has been received. (Payment by PayPal, PayNow/ PayLah/ QR Code preferred). Please watch out for this second email.
Step 3: Using the link provided in the second email, click on the link 15 minutes prior to the start of the event.
Step 4: We will only admit attendees whose Zoom profiles match their registration names, so please make sure that your Zoom profile corresponds with your registration name.
Thank you for your understanding.
Kindly note that there are limited seats available, registration is binding and payment is non-refundable. The organisers reserve the right to change the programme content without giving prior notification or any reasons thereof.