Against the global backdrop of prolonged international trade uncertainties, businesses are faced with increasing pressures to re-design their existing global value chain so as to remain viable and stay ahead. What is certain in these uncertain times is that businesses and the team of executives behind are now required to understand international trade laws and industry practices and more critically to apply these understandings in the unique contexts of their respective business.
One key success driver to help businesses achieve this is the savvy use of global trade technology and automation to effectively manage international trade operations. The benefits arising from such adoption of trade technology can only be fully realized with the second key success driver of a team of accomplished international trade practitioners utilising them.
This event aims to bring the community of international trade practitioners together for a day of quality discussions at not just at business level but also at personal career development level about the coming of age of the international trade practitioner in Asia.
The conference will be split into three broad themes:
Theme #1: Managing the business impact of new international trade norms of disruptions and uncertainties
- Making business sense of current and upcoming global trade trends
- How businesses can manage these trends to stay viable and ahead of international competition?
Theme #2: Unlocking the value of technology and data analytics for international trade management
- How are authorities around the world evolving to continue facilitate international trade?
- Case studies of Singapore and China to bringing international trade to the next level through the use of trade technology
- What are companies doing in the next wave of trade technology and automation? An International perspective
- Panel Discussion: Getting real – Does my organisation really need trade technology and automation in Asia?
Theme #3: Developing the international trade talent pool
- Who exactly is an international trade practitioner?
- Hiring an accomplished international trade practitioner: Is it a case of chasing unicorns?
- Panel Discussion: Getting real to develop the international trade practitioner in Asia
Click here to access the full programme with speaker’s profile.
Registration is complimentary and all RSVP should be sent to: