Semiconductors play a critical role today and will continue to do so in an Internet of Things (IoT) environment, where physical devices of all kinds, all over the world will be connected to the internet, seamlessly collecting and sharing data over 5G networks. Eventually, your smartphone might turn on your toaster, which could communicate that to your fitness tracker.
Though, the world of semiconductor manufacturing, or fabrication, is an extremely small one, with much of the world’s capacity and advanced knowledge concentrated among around 20 key players. However, the technology universe is ever adapting to change, and semiconductors are crucial to the future of economies around the world.
Join us in this physical event and learn from our experts about:
- The definition of semiconductor, vital role of the transistor, design of a complex integrated circuit (IC)
- The manufacturing process: from sand… to silicon IC fully packaged
- The history of the semiconductor industry and the ingredients of its success
- From supplying industrial needs… to answering society calls
- Markets and applications new wave…Green mobility and appliances, Biomedical, IoT, Manufacturing Industry 4.0, Data centres,…
- The positioning and challenges of the top 20 players
- Business models and Market landscape
- Semiconductor at the core of all the other industries and services and its vital role in the worldwide economy
Please arrive 15 minutes prior to this physical event as attendees’ vaccination status will have to be checked and attendees briefed on Safe Management Measures. Please note that only attendees who are fully vaccinated will be admitted to the event.
3:30 pm Registration
4:00 pm Opening Remarks by Dr Antonio Feraco, Digital Economy Committee Chair, EuroCham
4:05 pm Welcome Address by Mr Amit Sinha (DBS Bank)
4:10 pm Presentation by Mr Francois Guibert, Former EVP and President of STMicroelectronics for the Greater China and South Asia region
4:55 pm Moderated Panel Discussion and Q&A by Assoc Prof Edwin Teo, Director of Temasek Laboratories@NTU (TL@NTU)
– Mr Francois Guibert, Former EVP and President of STMicroelectronics for the Greater China and South Asia region
– Mr Amit Sinha, Managing Director and Global Head of Telecommunications, Media & Technology, Institutional Banking Group, DBS Bank
– Mr Terence Gan, Executive Director, A*STAR Institute of Microelectronics (IME)
5:20 pm Closing Remarks by Dr Antonio Feraco, Digital Economy Committee Chair, EuroCham
Mr Francois Guibert
Former EVP and President
STMicroelectronics for the Greater China and South Asia region
2 years with Texas Instrument (1979-1980)
– Technical Sales Engineer
35 years with STMicroelectronics (1981-2016)
– Sales and Marketing experience based in Europe, USA, Singapore and Taiwan (10 years)
– Vice President Corporate Business Development (15 years based in Geneva)
– Executive VP and President of STMicroelectronics for the Greater China and South Asia region (10 years based in Singapore)
Other Past Activities and Responsibilities
– 5 years at EDB Singapore Board (2009-2014) of which last two years as Chairman of its Finance Committee
– Chairman of the Advisory board of the Singapore Semiconductor Industry Association (SSIA) (2014-18)
Mr Amit Sinha
Managing Director and Global Head of Telecommunications, Media & Technology, Institutional Banking Group
Amit is a Managing Director & Global Head of Telecom, Media & Technology – Corporate & Investment Banking for the DBS Group. Amit also has oversight on offshore India business and Digital Economy Business. He has been with DBS for more than twenty-two years mainly in Singapore with three years in Dubai. He is responsible for TMT client origination and execution activities including coverage of Private Equity Funds active in the TMT space. Amit has led the origination and execution of many multi-billion transactions across Leveraged Buyouts, Structured Finance, Special Situations, Debt Capital markets & Equity Capital Markets. He has advised many clients in the TMT Sector in M &A Buy and Sell-Side roles. He also sits on the DBS Wholesale Bank’s Digital, Alternate Platform Lending Steering Committee to drive the adoption of Digital, Data and Big Tech initiatives. Amit is a Board & Investment Committee Member of EvolutionX, DBS Bank’s US$500M Growth Debt Platform JV with Temasek.
Mr Terence Gan
A*STAR Institute of Microelectronics (IME)
Mr Terence Gan is the Executive Director of Institute of Microelectronics, Agency for Science, Technology and Research.
Previously, he was the Senior Vice President and Head of the Semiconductor Industry Group at EDB and worked closely with top local, international semiconductor companies to facilitate their investments and transform their operations in Singapore. Prior to this position, he was the SVP for Europe, Director of EDB’s Electronics Cluster and Centre Director (San Francisco).
Terence joined the EDB in 2000. He received a Bachelor of Science and Master of Engineering in Electrical Engineering from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in 2000.
Prof Edwin Teo
Temasek Laboratories@NTU (TL@NTU)
Prof Edwin Teo is the Director of Temasek Laboratories@NTU (TL@NTU), and Tenured Associate Professor with a joint appointment at the School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering and School of Materials Science and Engineering, Nanyang Technical University (NTU) where his research focus is on nanotechnology and nanomaterials for various applications. He is also an Adjunct Staff at DSO National Laboratories where he advises DSO on the use of advanced materials since 2018. He is currently on the board of TL@NUS, TL@SUTD and SONDRA. A/Prof Edwin started his research career in Technion, Israel in 2008, returning to Singapore as the first recipient of the Nanyang-DSO Post-Doctoral fellowship in 2010, and appointed Assistant professor in NTU in 2012. He had served in several management portfolios in the School of EEE’s management committee as Assistant Chair (Research) in 2017 and Assistant Chair (Faculty) in 2018.
Kindly note that there are limited seats available, registration is binding and payment is non-refundable. The organisers reserve the right to change the programme content without giving prior notification or any reasons thereof.
Registration Guidelines –
Please follow these simple steps for easy registration to our paid events.
Step 1: Register below. You will receive a registration confirmation email from EuroCham once payment is made and it has been approved.
Step 2: Prior to the event, an email will be sent at least a week before the event to the attendees to confirm their attendance and inform them about the event details. Please check your spam folder if you do not receive this email.
Step 3: Please reply to the second confirmation email with your confirmation of attendance so we know that you have received the relevant information and are still attending.
Step 4: Please arrive on time for registration for the event. We will only admit attendees who have made full payment to the event.
Thank you for your understanding.
Registration is CLOSED. All tickets have been SOLD OUT.