About the Event
“In the 60,000 years since people began colonizing the continents, a recurring feature of human civilization has been mobility—the constant search for resources and stability. Seismic global events—wars and genocides, revolutions and plagues—have only accelerated the process. The map of humanity isn’t settled—not now, not ever.” [Taken from the synopsis of Dr Parag Khanna’s latest book “MOVE”]
Join us as we hear about Global Mobility in a Changing World from Dr Parag Khanna, Managing Partner, FutureMap, and author of the book “MOVE”, which provides an illuminating and authoritative vision of the next phase of human civilisation – one that is both mobile and sustainable. His talk will be followed by a panel discussion with the Ambassadors of Brazil, Chile, Germany and Peru, and Mr Jens Ruebbert, President, SGC, moderated by Dr Pablo Lizana, Honorary President, Latin American Chamber of Commerce, Singapore.
Dr Parag Khanna
Managing Partner, FutureMap
H.E. Eugenia Barthelmess
Ambassador of Brazil to Singapore
H.E. Ignacio Concha
Ambassdor of Chile to Singapore
H.E. Dr Norbert Riedel
Ambassdor of Germany to Singapore
H.E. Carlos Vasquez
Ambassador of Peru to Singapore
Mr Jens Ruebbert
President, Singaporean-German Chamber of Industry and Commerce
Dr Pablo Lizana
Honorary President, Latin American Chamber of Commerce, Singapore
By registering for this event, I accept the following:
- The information submitted by me will be used to register my attendance at this event.
- Photographs and audio-visual recording will be taken at this event and they may be published on our website and in our publications, newsletters, marketing materials and social media platforms.
- If you have any queries, please refer to the Privacy Statement on our website (www.sgc.org.sg) or contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Login Details will be sent to registered participants 1 day before the event via email.
- Recording of the webinar is not permitted
- Please also look out for reminders (via Peatix or email) on the event in case of postponement or cancellation.
- Please consider your registration confirmed when you have registered on the platform. Confirmation of registration will not be given via email
- Please join on time (the window to join opens at 10.55am)
- When prompted to input a name, please use your full name.
- You will be waiting in the lobby when you log-in and a staff of the chamber will allow you into the webinar after taking attendance
- Quoting of the speaker is not permitted/ Chatham House rules apply.
- Mute your microphone/Switch off your camera(unmute and switch on if you want to say something – wait until the moderator invites you to do so).