Building on the successful and high momentum in the industry, ASIFMA Annual Conference is an industry-wide event, providing a unique opportunity for global and regional policy makers, high-level regulators and industry representatives from both sell-side and buy-side firms to meet and discuss important issues impacting the development of Asia’s capital markets.
Well-established as a cornerstone industry event, ASIFMA Annual Conference spans two days and typically attracts over 400-500 high-caliber participants from within the region and around the globe. Continuing the collaboration from last year, we are once again working in conjunction with the EU-Asia Pacific Regulatory Forum hosted by IOSCO Asia-Pacific Regional Committee and the EU Commission that will take place in Malaysia on 31 October 2018 (the day prior to our annual event, and one-hour flight from Kuala Lumpur to Singapore). As such, many of the heads of regulatory agencies in Asia and senior EU Commission officials will be in town and this will continue to substantially increase the overall profile of this year’s event.
Aligning this annual event, ASIFMA and Afore Consulting will co-host the EU-Asia Financial Services Dinner Reception in a separate venue (Aura Sky Lounge, National Gallery Singapore) for selected senior regulators, institutional investors and dinner sponsors on Day 1 evening.
Day 1: Thursday 1 November 2018 – Global and Regulatory Topics
Morning Plenary Session
- Panel 1: Perspectives on the Global Regulatory Agenda and the Impact on Asia
- Panel 2: Impact of Macro-economic and Geopolitical Situation on Capital Markets
- Panel 3: What will Capital Markets Look Like in 2025? – The Future of the Industry
- CEO Panel: State of the Industry in Asia
- Panel AM1: Investment Performance and Accountability
- Panel AM2: Opportunities in ASEAN Markets
- Panel AM3: ETF Development in Asia
- Session I: FinTech Innovation and Regulation- an Asian and European Approach
- Session II: Equivalence in the Context of Brexit and Beyond- How to Get It Right?
- Session III: Prudential and Conduct Regulation – Which Spill-over Effect for Which Results?
- Panel A1: China Equity Markets Amidst a Disrupted World Order
- Panel A2: China’s Debt Markets in the Current Economic Climate
- Panel A3: Accessing India Financial Markets: Onshore vs Offshore
- Panel A4: Operations – Implications of Regional and Global Market Shifts in Middle and Back-Office Panel
- Panel A5: Trends in Global IPO Reform: The Impact on Asia
- Panel B1: Cybersecurity, Privacy and Data Localisation: The Future, Confounding Fintech
- Panel B2: The Challenges Facing COOs: Balancing Regulatory Compliance with Evolving Business Models in a Cost Constrained Environment
- Panel B3: AI, Big Data and Machine Learning: Science Fiction or Reality
- Panel B4: Crypto Currencies and ICOs
- Panel B5: ESG Finance: Measuring the Impact and Growing the Market
- Workshop 1: European Benchmarks Regulation: Are There Potential Solutions for Asian Jurisdictions and Regulators?
- Workshop 2: Individual Accountability Regimes and Conduct: How will These Develop in Asia?
- Workshop 3: Regulatory Reporting: What is the Future? Will We Have to Report the Same Data Only Once?
- Workshop 4: Instant Messaging: Are There Solutions for Regulatory Compliance?
- Workshop 5: Use of Public Cloud in the Financial Services Industry – Will Regulators Become More Flexible in Allowing its Use?
- Workshop 6: Driving Diversity in the Financial Services Sector – What Does It Actually Mean in Asia?