Regional Tax Committee Breakfast session:
“Towards the best efficiency to manage Tax Affairs: Outsourcing/Insourcing of the Tax Department”
On 3 June, the EuroCham Regional Tax Committee held a breakfast sharing session on the topic of “Towards the best efficiency to manage Tax Affairs”.
This in-person breakfast meeting focused on our members’ experiences about successes and failures in outsourcing tax tasks either to an external firm or to a shared service centre. Join us for an exchange among in-house tax practitioners and CFOs on the following topics:
- Which tax functions should be performed by either an external tax law firm, or a shared service Centre:
- Transfer pricing (controlling part? Documentation? Benchmarks?);
- VAT/GST compliance (only the preparation of the data or end-to-end process, e.g when the accounting is outsourced);
- Calculation of the effective (corporate) tax rate ?;
- Others ?
- Share experiences about successes and failures in outsourcing such tax tasks ?
- What to “really” expect from digital tools ? Including the Promising ERPs (e.g SAP S/4HANA) ? – beyond the marketing communication from the big4.
This discussion was moderated by Ms Tiare Muller, Tax Director – Asia & AIM at MICHELIN
9.00 am Arrival and networking
9.15 am Welcome and Opening by Anthony Luk, Chair of EuroCham Regional Tax Committee
9.20 am Roundtable introductions
9.30 am Moderated discussion with guided prompts/topics and exchange of best practices
10.20 am Closing Remarks by Anthony Luk, Chair of EuroCham Regional Tax Committee
This meeting is only open to members of the Regional Tax Committee. If you are keen to attend, please contact the Advocacy & Membership Manager at email@example.com