Singapore continues to grow as the hub and gateway to the broader Southeast Asian market for international wines and spirits. With a rising middle class and a growing appreciation of premium products, Singapore remains at the forefront of growth and innovation within the alcohol industry as high disposable income and an increasingly exquisite palate has boosted the premium market despite strict drinking regulations.
The EuroCham Wine & Spirits committee seeks to represent the international wines and spirits industry and serve as an effective platform for raising issues affecting trade and investment promotion, market access, taxation, intellectual property, and public health safety.
Mr Cedric Retailleau, Managing Director, Pernod Ricard Singapore (Chairman)
Mr Davide Besana, Regional Corporate Affairs Manager, Edrington (Vice Chairman)
– MOU partnership with Singapore Nightlife Business Association for Singapore Alliance for Responsible Drinking (SARD)
– Industry-led responsible drinking DrinkWise campaign with Rugby Sevens, Clarke Quay
– Position paper on a holistic strategy for alcohol management in Singapore
– Position paper on traceability as a cornerstone of food safety policy with AVA
– Industry meeting with former MTI Minister S. Iswaran
– TIPS bartender training programme
– Annual budget submission to Singapore Budget public feedback
– Responsible drinking
– Traceability and decoding
– Ministry of Trade and Industry
– Singapore Tourism Board
– Ministry of Home Affairs
– Singapore Police
– Agri-Food and Veterinary Authority of Singapore
HOW TO JOIN
For more information about the Wine & Spirits Committee, please contact the Corporate Affairs Manager, Mr. Elgin Seah at firstname.lastname@example.org.