Singapore is a leading global city with dynamic economy enabled by foreign investments and free trade. As a strong proponent of free trade, Singapore’s economy has flourished and boasts numerous trade links and agreements with numerous jurisdictions. Singapore is the EU’s largest commercial partner in ASEAN, accounting for almost a third of EU-ASEAN trade in goods and services, and about two-thirds of investments between the two regions. A bilateral EU-Singapore FTA is also currently in the process of being ratified.
The EuroCham Regional Trade committee represents the European business community in Singapore and advocates for open trade with bilateral and multilateral partners between Singapore, Europe, and the region. The committee promotes a competitive trade environment and addresses issues relating to the elimination of tariffs and non-tariff barriers, and serves as a platform for the sharing of information and dialogue with stakeholders.
Mr Frank Debets, Managing Partner, PricewaterhouseCoopers Worldtrade Management Services (Chairman)
– Workshop on understanding the CPTPP and its key provisions
– Presentation by Ms Deborah Elms of the Asian Trade Centre on the impacts of RCEP on businesses in the region
– Roundtable discussion with members on Singapore’s new national trade infrastructure (TradeNet® , TradeXchange® and eCustoms)
– Members feedback and discussion on the EU-Singapore FTA
– Workshops preparation for post-ratification of EU-Singapore FTA
– Presentation by Japan External Trade Organisation (JETRO) on RCEP impacts
– Presentation by U.S. Customs and Border Protection Attaché on origin laundering
– EU-Singapore FTA, RCEP, CPTPP, AEC
– APEC and economic integration in Asia Pacific
– Rules of origins
– Market access studies and workshops
– Ministry of Trade and Industry, EU-ASEAN Business Council, Asian Trade Centre, WTO, EU Delegation to Singapore
HOW TO JOIN
For more information about the Regional Trade Committee, please contact the Corporate Affairs Manager, Mr. Elgin Seah at firstname.lastname@example.org.