A third of all domestic household waste in Singapore comprises of packaging waste. In order for Singapore to reduce its packaging waste and achieve its goal of becoming a zero waste nation, much more has to be done by all parties including the private and public sector. Eliminating packaging waste is part of a broader challenge that Singapore will face as it grows increasingly compact and crowded.
The EuroCham Packaging committee addresses issues relating to sustainable packaging solutions, including single use packaging, waste management, and the circular economy, among others. As a cross-sectoral committee, members from a wide range of industries are represented to work closely with relevant government authorities and to provide an exchange of information and feedback.
Mr Lloyd Lowe, Senior Regional Manager Biopolymers Sales APAC (Chairman)
Mr Ian Hayes, Packaging Development Director at GlaxoSmithKline Pte Ltd (GSK)
– Position paper on degradable packaging & plastic ban as a solution to littering
– Position paper in response to upcoming mandatory packaging reporting legislation
– Closed-door discussion with NEA on packaging reporting
– Industry presentation on packaging waste mitigation
– Committee support for the Singapore Packaging Agreement (SPA)
– Committee support for joint event with the EU Delegation in Singapore: Acting together for a plastic free Ocean – what role for policy makers and business?
– Packaging waste and single-use packaging
– Waste management and recycling
– Circular economy
Ministry of Environment and Water Resources, National Environment Agency
HOW TO JOIN
For more information about the Packaging Committee, please contact the Corporate Affairs Manager, Mr. Elgin Seah at email@example.com.