The EuroCham Financial Services Committee enables an exchange of information and serves as a robust platform that protects and advances the interests of its members. Comprising renowned firms in the banking, finance and insurance industry, the Committee actively promotes bilateral and multilateral trade and investments. The Committee also provides a platform for local and regional advocacy and networking.
Members define specific topics of interest and develop position papers while working closely with businesses and government representatives.
- Identify and understand the relevant issues faced by the financial sector
- Formulate and disseminate positions on key issues
- Build consensus by providing a platform for members to address common problems
- Strengthen the economies where our members operate in by advocating competition, free trade and attractive policies for capital and skilled labour
- Serve as a conduit between our members and the European and Singaporean political and economic authorities and business associations
- The Committee is currently drafting a Regulatory Position Paper outlining the key regulatory concerns for European Banks in Singapore as well as provide recommendations on how to improve mutual EU-Singapore investments. The impetus for the Forum and the Position Paper are the recognition that the financial sector, and banking industry, of Europe and Asia are increasingly inter-connected. Currently the Committee, in partnership with FTI Consulting, are interviewing executives from a number of European financial institutions in Singapore, for their input.
- We are proud to announce the success of the launch of the CFO Series Roundtable for European Banks, which has already had four very productive meetings to date. These discussions have gathered the CFOs of our major banking institution members, so as to create a platform for them to discuss common issues they have faced in the Singapore market and potential solutions they have each tried. The Committee is exploring interest for a similar forum for Insurance companies.
- On the 1st of June, the Committee hosted an informative Roundtable Discussion on Payments, E-Commerce & Trade in Singapore and ASEAN. The panellists included, Antonio Usama DeLorenzo (Identitii), Rahul Bhargava (SWIFT), Antoine Degardin (Azzana), Benjamin Kimsiah Tan(R3) & Henry Roxas (R3), who each gave an in-depth presentation in their respected areas.
- We are delighted for having organized on the 10th of March, a luncheon with H.E. Pierre Gramegna, Minister of Finance of Luxembourg focused on alternative asset management and with members of the Committee attending this exclusive session.
- On the 30th of September 2016, the Financial Services Committee had the pleasure to welcome Ms. Wai Yi Lee, Director & Head of Supervisory Analytics Division, Insurance Department, Monetary Authority of Singapore, who offered members insights over the preparation of QIS 2 and RBC2.
- On the 17th of May 2016, the Financial Services Committee had the pleasure to welcome for the second time Mr. Leong Sing Chiong, Assistant Manging Director (Development & International) of the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS), who offered members an overview of the financial sectors’ developments and priorities in Singapore. The informative session also focused on challenges surrounding fintech, capital markets for infrastructure projects, as well as the ASEAN financial integration.
- On the 18th of April 2016, Mr. Frederic Thomas, Senior specialist of the Infrastructure Finance Division of the Asian Development Bank (ADB), offered the Financial Services Committee a presentation on the topic of: "Innovation in Climate Finance and Projects Bonds in Asia Making a Comeback".
- On the 8th of March 2016, Pr. David Lee, member of the advisory board of Sim Kee Boon Institute for Financial Economics, gave a presentation on "Fintech: opportunities, challenges and eco-system".
- On the 20th of November 2015, Ms. Alicia Garcia Herrero, Chief Economist for Asia Pacific at NATIXIS, gave an enlightening presentation to our Financial Services Committee members on "Emerging Asia in 2016: Squeezed between the FED and China", followed by a fruitful discussion with members.
- On the 28th of October 2015, The EuroCham Financial Services Committee invited Ms. Connie Wong, Managing Director & Analytical Manager, Financial Services Ratings at Standard & Poor's Ratings Services, to present on "Regional Outlook for Asian Insurance Market".
- On the 14th of May 2015, the EuroCham Financial Services Committee invited Mr. Frederic Thomas, Senior Investment Specialist at the Asian Development Bank to present on 'Reviving the project bonds market for infrastructure in Asia'.
- Presentation and roundtable discussion with Mr Peter de Proft, Director General of the European Fund and Asset Management Association (EFAMA) - 17 October 2014.
- European Centre for Political Economy (ECIPE) & ASEAN Financial Services Integration Updates - 25 June 2014
- EuroCham Financial Services Committee had the pleasure of welcoming representatives from the European Centre for International Political Economy (ECIPE) located in Brussels, Belgium, on 25th June 2014 for the Committee meeting. The session witnessed a lively discussion and exchange of expertise regarding data localization and financial services industry. The meeting concluded with major insights shared by Mr. Paul Gwee, Secretary-General of the ASEAN Bankers Association, as well as Mr. Chan Boon Hiong, Head of Market Advocacy (APAC) for Deutsche Bank, on the progressed made in ASEAN financial services integration.
Asian Capital Markets and Singapore Gateway to Asia EuroCham Breakfast Talk Series - 23 Sep 2013
- Financial Services Committee organised a Breakfast Talk on 4th July: DBS insights: China in transition.
Find out more
For more information about the work of our Committees, membership and activities, please contact our Committee's department at firstname.lastname@example.org