INTRODUCTION TO DIGITAL ECONOMY COMMITTEE
As the digital age is underway, the Digital Transformation is imperative for all businesses. This transformation is being described by The Enterprises Project as ‘the integration of digital technology into all areas of a business, fundamentally changing how you operate and deliver value to customers. It’s also a cultural change that requires organisations to continually challenge the status quo, experiment and get comfortable with failure’. According to the Agile Elephant, ‘Digital Transformation involves a change in leadership, different thinking, the encouragement of innovation and new business models, incorporating digitisation of assets and an increased use of technology to improve the experience of your organisation’s employees, customers, suppliers, partners and stakeholders’. The Global Center for Digital Business Transformation summarizes this by saying that ‘organisational change is the foundation of digital business transformation’ and therefore Digital Transformation is often called a people issue.
Business leaders from different sectors will come together in the Digital Economy Committee to discuss and learn from each other how they can transform their business models and leadership styles in the digital age. Furthermore, the committee will provide a forum for the implications and opportunities of technologies in the Digital Economy, and establish a first of its kind cross-sectoral platform for engagement with government agencies in Singapore on the Digital Transformation. The committee aspires to be a forward-thinking forum that is at the forefront of this important change taking place across businesses.
The committee aims to:
1. Establish a first of its kind cross-sectoral platform for engagement with government agencies in Singapore on the Digital Transformation
2. Disseminate knowledge of the Digital Transformation amongst business leaders in order for them to take on a truly digital mindset
3. Provide a forum for the implications and opportunities of technologies in the Digital Economy
WHO SHOULD JOIN
* Business leaders from various industries who are responsible for developing strategies and taking/influencing decisions
* Leaders responsible for business model change e.g. CXOs, particularly those responsible for digital strategies, innovation, people transformation will find this committee relevant
* The committee will not be of a technical nature
This committee is currently being set up. For more information, please send an email to Lissa van der Heijden, Business & Committee Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org.