Singapore posits itself as an IP Hub with the growing emphasis on intellectual property (IP) becoming an important part of the global economy. With a 40% increase in patent and trademark filings over the past decade, Singapore is poised to ride on this trend with its strong legal and financial systems and plans to develop Singapore as Asia’s IP Hub
The EuroCham IPR committee seeks to promote global IP best practices and protect IP rights in Singapore and the region. Working with a multitude of stakeholders, the committee is comprised of experts and senior level representatives from major European companies across many industries and aligns itself with Singapore’s goal of being an IP Hub in the region.
Mr Mayank Vaid, Intellectual Property Director Asia Pacific & China (Civil), Louis Vuitton Pacific Limited (Chair)
Ms Mary Tso, Director of Intellectual Property Asia Pacific, Kering Asia Pacific Limited (Co-Chair)
- Shopee pilot project
- Closed-door meeting with the Singapore Police Force, IP Branch (IPRB)
- Engagements on best practices for online IP protection with e-commerce platforms and logistics service providers, including policy dialogue with ASEAN governments.
- Industry collaboration with Singapore authorities on IP best practices and anti-illicit trade prevention.
- Publication of “Illicit Trade Environment Index“, in collaboration with The Economist Intelligence Unit
- Annual Product Training session with Singapore Customs, Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA) and IP branch of the Singapore Police Force
- IP Key project grant with EU IP Office to promote IP research and capacity building
- Annual Dialogue with ASEAN Customs Officials
- Anti-illicit trade education and awareness campaigns
- Border enforcement (passenger and cargo)
- Digital enforcement with platform operators
- Free Trade Zones monitoring and enforcement
- EU IP Office
- Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA)
- International Trademark Association (INTA)
- Intellectual Property Office of Singapore (IPOS)
- Singapore Customs
- Singapore Police Force, IP branch (IPRB)
- South-East Asia IPR SME Helpdesk
- World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO)