Singapore’s growth strategy for the Digital Economy has been enhanced by outlining three key thrusts: invest in building frontier capabilities, support promising enterprises and develop a pipeline of frontier tech talents. In addition, GovTech has been formed by the government to oversee the digital strategy of Singapore as a country. No other nation has this type of supervisory body which shows the importance of the Digital Economy in Singapore. This was again underlined by Singapore’s decision to earmark the Digital Economy as a key focus area during its ASEAN chairmanship in 2018.
The Digital Economy committee is centred around the topic of the digital transformation. The objectives are to share experiences and learnings about transforming business models and leadership styles amongst business leaders from different sectors, to provide a forum for the implications and opportunities of new technologies, and to establish a first of its kind cross-sectoral platform for engagement in the field of the digital transformation with government agencies in Singapore. Overall, the committee aspires to be a forward-thinking forum that is at the forefront of this important change that is taking place across businesses.
Dr Lovneesh Chanana, Senior Vice President of Government Affairs (Asia Pacific & Japan), SAP Asia Pte Ltd (Chair)
Mr Mario Favaits, Director Services Sales Asia-Pacific, Crayon (Co-Chair)
Dr Ralph Ostertag, Director Digital & Technology, Asia Pacific (Heineken Asia Pacific Pte Ltd) (Co-Chair)
Ms Barbara Crane, Partner, KPMG (Co-Chair)
Mr Anjaney Borwankar, Co-founder & Chief Executive, Navozyme (Co-Chair)
Ms Janice Cowley, Strategy, Marketing, Innovation& Regional Projects at SCOR Services Asia Pacific Pte Ltd (Co-Chair)
Dr Tom James, CEO and CIO, TradeFlow Capital Management (Co-Chair)
- 2019: Breakfast Event on “The Digital Readiness Blueprint”
- Digital Transformation in Singapore: Barriers and Opportunities
- Industrial Policy and AI
- Change Management for Successful Digital Transformation
- Understanding Singapore’s Digital Blueprint
- The potential of transformative frontier tech – blockchain, AI, IoT etc.
- Digital mindset and restructuring of organisations
- Societal repercussions and opportunities
- The impact of digitalization in different industries: transportation, healthcare and pharma, HR.
- Digital trade
- Industry 4.0
- AI Singapore
- Ministry of Communications and Information
- Infocommunications Media Development Authority (IMDA)
- Ministry of Trade and Industry (MTI)