The British Chamber of Commerce Singapore (BritCham) announced a new board at its 62nd Annual General Meeting (AGM), including a new President, Vice President, three new board members, and a Secretary.
Dr Bicky Bhangu, Director for Rolls-Royce Singapore, assumed the post of President on the 6th May 2016 following the AGM. He took over from Mr Hugo Walkinshaw, Partner at EY, who completed two terms as President in BritCham.
Since 2014, Dr Bhangu has been serving on the board and sat on various committees such as the Executive Committee and External Affairs.
He will be assisted by Ms Sian Brown, Director, Chief Controls Office at Barclays Bank PLC and Mr Damian Adams, Partner at Simmons & Simmons and in their first and third terms as Vice President respectively.
The remaining elected board members are:
• Mr Andrew Pickup, Senior Director, Communications, Microsoft Asia
• Mr Chris Reed, Global CEO and Founder, Black Marketing
• Mr Mark Chowdhry, Managing Partner, Baxters International
• Mr Richard Warburton, Head of Performance Excellence, Asia, Arcadis
• Ms Annabel Moore, General Counsel, Asia Pacific, Diageo
• Mr Haslam Preeston, Regional Managing Director, Jardine Cycle & Carriage Limited
• Mr David Pugh, Director, The Fry Group
• Mr Andrew Vine, Managing Director, The Insight Bureau
• Mr Robert Williams, Head of Asia Pacific Sales, British Airways
In a meeting following the AGM, the board chose to appoint Ms Cecilia Handel, Director of Development at Tanglin Trust School as Secretary, confirmed Ms Veronica McCann to continue as Treasurer, and co-opted the following further board members:
• Mr Ron Totton, CEO, BT, South East Asia
• Mr Ian Williams, Chief Risk Officer, Singapore Asia Pacific Risk, HSBC Bank
• Mr Terence Yuen, Regional Head of Tax, Asia Pacific, BP Singapore
The following board members have stepped down:
• Mr Mark Buchan, Partner, Chappuis Halder & Co. Pte Ltd
• Mr Chris Kilburn, Partner, Watson, Farley & Williams LLP
• Mr Rudi Geerdink, Country Manager, The Royal Bank of Scotland plc
• Mr Pradeep Rana, Chief Risk Officer, ASEAN, Standard Chartered Bank
BritCham would like to extend its appreciation to the outgoing board members for their support and engagement and would like to congratulate and welcome the new board members.
About the British Chamber of Commerce:
The British Chamber of Commerce, Singapore (BritCham) is one of the country’s leading business forums, open to executives and businesses of all nationalities. The Chamber network is an engaged and dynamic business community of more than 2,900 executives representing over 400 companies. We provide connections, insights and information for businesses, focusing on delivering quality support to our growing membership base through currently 14 Business Groups. We organise over 90 events a year offering frequent and diverse opportunities for networking and exchange. For more information, please visit www.britcham.org.sg.
For media enquiries, please contact:
Ms Lucy Haydon
Membership & Communication Manager
Tel: 62223552 / 67180535