Dinner with Ms. Cecilia Malmström, European Commissioner for Trade
Fee EuroCham Members: $ Supporting Organizations: $ Non Members: $
Date: 8 March 2017 – 7.00pm
Venue: Fullerton Bay.
On the 8th of March 2017, the European Chamber of Commerce, Singapore, will host a dinner, with senior industry representatives and Ms. Cecilia Malmström, European Commissioner for Trade, as Guest of Honour. The event will also be graced by the presence of Members of Cabinet, the Director for DG Trade in charge of Asia and Latin America, and the Head of Unit from DG Trade in charge of South and South East Asia, Australia and New Zealand.
EuroCham industry representatives will have the opportunity to engage in a discussion on matters of the foremost importance related to market access, free trade agreements, and geopolitical strategic partnerships. The EU is Singapore’s largest foreign investor and also among Singapore’s largest global trading partners with over 11,000 European companies in Singapore, of which many use Singapore as their regional headquarters, logistics and distribution centres for the region.
European Commissioner for Trade
- – Pursuing an ambitious trade agenda to the benefit of European citizens, SMEs and the broader economy.
- – Representing the EU in the World Trade Organisation (WTO) and other international trade fora.
- – Negotiating bilateral trade agreement with key countries, including reaching a balanced and reasonable Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP) with the U.S. that respects Europe’s safety, health, social and data protection standards, and our cultural diversity.
- – Developing a strong foreign direct investment policy.
- – Evaluating the use of Europe’s trade defence instruments and deciding on the best way forward.
- – Strengthening the EU’s strategic partnership with Africa.
- – Working with developing countries to include them in the world trading economy, and uphold European values such as human rights, social and environmental protection.
Cecilia Malmström is part of the following Project Teams:
- – Jobs, Growth, Investment and Competitiveness
- – Europe in the World
- – Digital Single Market
- – Energy Union
- – Better Regulation and Interinstitutional Affairs
- – Budget and Human Resource
- – Blog